If you are looking to lose weight, it is important to spread out your protein consumption throughout the day. Many people find it difficult to add protein to their breakfast. If you have a busy morning getting yourself ready for work or children ready for school, you may not have time to prepare a nutritious breakfast. In this week’s recipe, we give meal prepping breakfast a try with some basic breakfast wraps. When prepared correctly, these quick breakfast options can last in the fridge for a week or in the freezer for up to 2 months. This recipe is for the most basic of breakfast wraps, but don’t be afraid to add your own spin on them!
- 6 medium sized tortillas
- 8 large eggs
- Fillings (Examples)
- Canadian bacon
- Optional Fillings
- Cheese of your choice
- Plastic wrap
- Cook your selected protein filling. I chose to cook bacon in an oven. First, line a baking sheet with tinfoil and place down 6 strips of bacon
- Place into a cold oven, set the oven to 400 F, and let cook for around 20 minutes until desired crispiness.
- Crack 8 eggs into a bowl and whisk them together.
- Add 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter to a large nonstick skillet. Heat the skillet over medium heat. Once the butter is fully melted, add your eggs. Stir constantly until fully cooked.
- Put the eggs into a bowl, remove bacon from the oven, and allow both to fully cool to room temperature. It is important you let your ingredients cool completely before assembling your burritos.
- Assemble in the following order: layer of cheese, eggs, choice of protein filling, optional toppings, and another layer of cheese. The cheese will act as an insulator for between the tortilla and the fillings, preventing problems during the reheating process.
- Wrap them by enclosing them on all four sides, adding a layer of plastic wrap, and finally a layer of tin foil.
- Keep them in the fridge for at least 2 hours and up to 1 week. After the 2 hours, you can optionally freeze them which will make them last up to 2 months.
- Reheat by wrapping them in a damp paper towel and microwaving them for 1 minute. Optionally you could remove the plastic wrap, rewrap with the tinfoil, and place into an oven set to 350 F for 10 minutes.
Chiropractor, NutritionistContact Me