The centerpiece for most Thanksgiving meals is the turkey. You most likely have plenty of turkey left over from the big meal too! Don't let that turkey carcass and meat go to waste - use it for some hearty soup!
- turkey carcass
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- ground coriander
Assorted Soup Vegetables - I ended up using:
- Remove the meat from the turkey carcass and place everything in a large stock pot
- Cover the carcass with water
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 2 hours
- Season with salt, pepper, coriander to taste
- Remove as many bones as possible
- Strain broth into another pot
- Put both broth and meat back into the original pot and add in vegetables
- Season with salt, pepper, coriander powder, garlic powder, and onion powder to taste
- Bring to a simmer until vegetables are soft
Making a hearty soup out of your leftover turkey helps eliminate waste and also gives you something healthy and filling to warm up your belly in the winter months! You can even freeze these soups and they'll last even longer! Try making this with your own flair using your favorite vegetables and maybe different seasonings to fit your taste.
For more healthy meal recipes or to learn about different ways to change your diet, schedule a free consultation with our nutritionist at your Rochester chiropractor, Rush-Henrietta Family Chiropractic!